Our results reach buyers across all UK trade channels, this includes supermarket buyers, multiple buyers, high street chains, national and regional drinks wholesalers, independent retailers, wine merchants, sommeliers, restaurants, independents and group operators, gastropubs, and bar owners. In order to ensure that your commercial opportunities are maximised, we publish and promote our results through a variety of different methods.
Judges & Judging
- We send the judges their top 5 favourite wines after collating the results. They often decide to take on wines that they have tasted during the judging.
- Winning a Harpers Wine Star will help distinguish your wines as a buyer’s choice, help you cement current listings, and gain new ones.
- Feedback from the judges (via our product audits) allows you to make more informed strategic decisions, which in turn can save you time, money, and effort.
Dedicated focus on your country and region
- The only UK awards that truly recognise the full potential of each country and the starring role of your wine within it.
- Dedication to showcasing all a country’s regions, no matter how niche or renowned the region may be.
- Opportunity to gain UK distribution if you are currently without it.
- Opportunity to promote your wine as a key buyers choice within your country and region.
For every wine that is entered we will return to you a full audit on how and why your wine achieved the score that it did.
- Tasting notes
- Recommended trade channels for you to target
- Food pairing advice
- Buyer notes regarding your product’s value for money
- Feedback on the design and labeling of your wine – suitability for target audience and whether it complements the wine/winery’s message (only wines that progress to final round of judging)
- Additional commercial recommendations
- Priceless information on how UK buyers perceive your wines
- Invaluable recommendations on how to maximise sales within the UK market
- Make more informed strategic decisions that can save you money, time and effort
Results published in Harpers Wine & Spirit magazine
- The country-specific buyer's guides are included in the magazine, showcasing the highest scoring wines from specific regions and wines that excelled in core attributes – taste, value, and design
- Magazine read by over 28,500 different readers every month
- Digital Buyer's Guide to each country available online
- Harpers.com receives over 79,000 unique visitors per month
Harpers Wine Stars at trade events
- New to 2019, Wine Stars is going on the road where we will be getting buyers to taste some of the best wines from previous projects.
- Trade events include:
- SITT (spring & autumn – Manchester and London tastings)
- London Wine Fair (England & Wales Wine Stars)
- More to be announced soon
Wine Stars-led masterclasses and roundtables
- Opportunity for your wines to feature in an informative masterclass that aims to educate its audience regarding a specific focus
- Opportunity for your wines to be included in a roundtable discussion made up of a panel of UK buyers
- A member of Harpers editorial team will be present on the day to cover the event
- Editorial coverage published through Harpers digital and print mediums
Wine Stars Newsletter
- Quarterly newsletter that goes out to buyers across both on and off-trade channels
- Recap of previous results and those looking for UK distribution
- Opportunity for your wines to be included in features and insights from our editorial team
- Opportunity for your winery to be featured in a Q&A, producer profile, etc.
- High resolution artwork
- POS (point of sale) materials
- Generic and bespoke stickers available to purchase
© Copyright 2018 Agile Media Ltd, Longley House, International Drive, Southgate Avenue, Crawley, West Sussex, RH10 6AQ, UK